VOLUM-e is a first-rate R&D partner on Additive Manufacturing (AM) topics and significant resources are dedicated to its own research activities. The vision behind all programs is to be able to produce functional parts quickly, nimbly and reliably through AM and thereby achieve unrivaled performances (in weight, geometry, aspect, durability, temperature or stress resistance, etc.) which redefine industry standards .
Today, the number of AM materials and processes reaching industrial standards is in rapid increase. In line with the vision developed by the leadership team and strengthened through experience, VOLUM-e targets its R&D investments to impact a number of strategic operations, among which :
- New manufacturing processes,
- Understanding and optimization of post-treatments,
- Feasibility of new designs,
- Material sourcing (recyclability, compatibility, bio-sourcing and improved performance),
- Computer-aided modeling and prediction,
- Data exchange and decision support.
Besides, the R&D service is geared to reply to such Customer demands as :