VOLUM-e masters several processes to finish parts from Metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) specifically :
- Automated powder removal – Powder removal is efficient and safe thanks to custom-built machines
- Electrical-Discharge Machining (EDM) – Parts are separated from the building Platform using this very accurate and cautious technology
- Heat treatment & Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP) – Mechanical properties are thus improved in specific directions at certified subcontractors.
Whereas other post-treatments are applied on either metal or polymer parts :
- Support structure removal – Manual or mechanical removal of parts’s support structure (SLA, SLS, DMLS) or deburring due mold vents (vacuum casting)
- Surface finishing operations – Surface finish improvement through many processes such as sanding, polishing, tribofinishing, chemical-mechanical polishing (CMP), etc
- Painting and metallization – Surface coating with painting guns, chroming or silver metallization with Physical-Vapor Deposition (PVD)
- Precision machining – Re-machining of parts to meet critical tolerances, alleviate potential distortions and improve surface, threading.
NB : The above sequence of operations is not necessarily representative of actual post-treatments which are defined case by case.